Wednesday 7 September 2016

TRANSLATION - URDU INTO ENGLISH (33-40)

TRANSLATION - URDU INTO ENGLISH 
(Paragraphs 33-40)

QUESTION NO. 30
Translate the following paragraphs into English.
(i)
Translation
     Man shapes his destiny himself. He should work hard and do his duties with devotion so that he may succeed in his life. Hard work is the greatest reality of the world which cannot be denied. If we look into the past, we will come to know that all the great men of the past did their work with hardihood and courage and bettered their lot. Abraham Lincoln was a president of America. If we study his life, we will come to know that he was the son of a woodcutter. But he was fond of getting education. 
(ii)
Translation
     Madina is a holy city of Arabia. It is about three hundred miles away from Makkah. Cars cover this distance in four to five hours. Madina is the city of the Holy Prophet (SAW). There are many mosques here; but Masjid-e-Nabwi is the most famous of all. The shrine of the Holy Prophet (SAW) lies in this mosque. One lakh Muslims can offer their prayers here. There are many hotels in Madina. Old buildings also stand there. 
(iii)
Translation
     I saw the lion from the distance. He was sitting in the bushes. The lion did not see us. I said to my companion, "You should sit here quiet, I go near the lion." After this, I began to advance slowly towards the lion. If I had made a litter noise, he would have run away. At last, I reached near him. I could see him clearly in the leaves. He had not seen me yet. I raised the gun very carefully. 
(iv)
Translation
     A friend of Chaudry Aslam came to see him after a long time. He felt that chaudry looked sad. He asked, "Chaudry Sahib, what is the matter? Why do you remain sad?"
Chaudry: There is nothing particular.
Ayoob: If there is nothing particular, there must be some common problem. Why are you restless?
Chaudry: Who is at peace with himself in the world? There is peace neither during the day not at night.
Ayoob: The world does not agree with you. It is man's cowardice that makes him hopeless.
(v)
Translation
     It was a winter night. We were asleep. All of a sudden, someone knocked at the door. My father and I woke up. We thought there might be a thief. Therefore, we took the gun and reached the door. My father asked, "Who is at the door?" There came the reply, "I am a poor hungry man." We opened the door. We took him inside and gave him something to eat. He thanked us and went away. 
(vi)
Translation
     Education is free up to the middle classes now. Now the children of the poor will also be able to get education. The government of Pakistan has taken the schools and colleges under its control. Everyone in the country will enjoy equal rights. The government will give scholarships to the intelligent children. They will be able to get education in high-ranking educational institutions. We will build a new powerful Pakistan. We should struggle for the development of the country. 
(vii)
Translation
     Aabi was my childhood friend. We played and got education together. Then, after I had passed my intermediate examination, I was married. I with my husband went to England. I did not get any news of Aabi whether she got further education or was married. When I returned to homeland after five years, I, one day, suddenly, ran across Aabi's elder sister in the bazaar. Tears wetted hers eyes when I asked her about Aabi impatiently. My house was nearby. I took her with me so that she might tell me something about Aabi in a relaxed mood. 
(viii)
Translation
     The president has stressed upon the writers, poets, intellectuals, thinkers and scholars  to help the government, through their literary works, in making the country an Islamic welfare state. The president was addressing a big gathering of poets and writers in the introductory ceremony of a book, yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment