Friday 17 November 2017

DAY TEN - ESSAYS (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 10)

Essay No. 1

My Last Day at School

Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things. 
(Marcus Tullius Cicero)

     Days pass however the memories they leave refuse to die. My last day at school is one of those bygone days whose memory is still fresh in my mind. It was one of the golden days of my life. It was a day of sadness as well as preparedness. 
    I had spent twelve years in my school. I had learnt many lessons. I had made many friends. I had developed great respect for my teachers. I had participated in many co-curricular activities. I had won many prizes. In fact, I had enjoyed my stay at school. 
     A sunny day of March was my last day at school. The holidays preparatory to the final examination were going to start from the next day. All the students were in their best clothes. Our juniors of ninth class had hosted a farewell party for us. We were entertained with burgers and cold drinks. 
     However, the best part of the farewell party was our headmaster's speech. He gave us many pieces of advice. He advised us to be honest, truthful and upright in our dealings. I will never forget his words, "Hard work and perseverance is a key to success."
     Finally we came out of the hall and gathered in the garden. I looked at the school thoughtfully. The school building, the playground, the class rooms and even the school library seemed to whisper to me how they would miss me. Even the last day at school had ended.

Essay No. 2

A Visit to a Hill Station

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. 
(Augustine of Hippo)

     I am mad about tourism because I have an adventurous spirit. I have visited many attractive places of Pakistan like Shalimar Gardens, Faisal Mosque, Lahore Zoo, Manora, Mohenjo-daro and Murree Hills. However, my visit to Naran in the Kaghan Valley surpasses all and is unforgettable.
     I visited Naran with my family. It was a sunny morning of May 2017. We packed our luggage and seated in our car. My father sat at the driving seat and we left for Abbotabad. We reached there in the afternoon. The journey was tiring so we slept soundly for the night in a hotel.
     Next morning we left for Balakot. On the way, we passed by Jangal Mangal and Jabba. There were very sharp, hairpin turns on the road near Batrasi. We saw the conjunction point where the river Kunhar meets two other streams near Gari Habibullah. We reached Shogran in the evening.
     Next morning we left for Naran. The road to Nara was in a bad shape. It was high in upper half of the high mountain slope and the river Kunhar looked like a ribbon below. Our car crossed about eight glaciers from Kaghan to Naran.
     At last, we reached Naran, the most scenic town of Pakistan. It was very still in the woods around Naran. The were logs in the river Kunhar. What should I say about lake Saiful-Maluk, it is nevertheless the most beautiful lake in the world. In short short, It was an extremely enjoyable and unforgettable trip.

Essay No. 3
    
Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Jinnah is a historic personality which takes birth once in a century. 
(Mussolini)

     Muhammad Ali Jinnah is the brightest star in the history of Pakistan. He had a multidimensional personality and his achievements in different fields were numerous. He was a great lawyer, a distinguished politician, a resolute freedom-fighter, a dynamic Muslim leader and above all the founder of Pakistan.
     Muhammad Ali Jinnah was born in Karachi on December 25, 1876. He got his early education from Karachi. After his matriculation, he was sent to England for higher studies. He qualified Lincoln's Inn as a brilliant barrister.
     On his return to India, he started law-practice in Karachi and afterwards moved to Bombay. Then he joined the Indian National Congress in 1906. But the narrow vision of certain communal leaders disappointed him. Thus he joined the Muslim League in 1913.
     In 1916, Jinnah became the president of the Muslim League. He worked hard for a separate homeland for the Muslims. The odds were against him. But he grappled with every problem. August 14, 1947 was the day of his triumph. Pakistan appeared on the map of the world.
     Flowers must die before thorns otherwise they would not be flowers. Jinnah took oath of office as the first Governor General of Pakistan. However, his health had been breaking down under a heavy pressure of work. He died in harness in Karachi on September 11, 1948.

No comments:

Post a Comment