Thursday 16 November 2017

DAY FOURTEEN - DIRECT AND INDIRECT NARRATION (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 10)

DIRECT AND INDIRECT NARRATION

SET NO. 1
1. She says, "I hope I am not late."
She says that she hopes she is not late. 
2. She says, "We have shifted to another house."
She says that they have shifted to another house. 
3. They say, "We have done our duty."
They say that they have done their duty. 
4. The doctor says, "The patient is still in a state of coma."
The doctor says that the patient is still in a state of coma. 
5. The teacher says, "She has always been a good student."
The teacher says that she has always been a good student. 
6. You will say, "She is cranky."
Ans. You will say that she is cranky. 
7. He said, "I am unwell."
Ans. He said that he was unwell. 
8. Afshan said, "I am sewing mother's shirt."
Afshan said that she was sewing mother's shirt. 
9. She said to me, "You are a lazy boy."
She said to me that I was a lazy boy. 
10. He said, "They are not doing their duty well."
He said that they were not doing their duty well. 
11. He said to me, "You are not running very fast."
He said to me that I was not running very fast. 
12. He said, "I have returned the books."
He said that he had returned the books. 
13. They said, "We have done our duty."
They said that they had done their duty. 
14. The teacher said to us, "You have not completed your drawing."
The teacher said to us that we had not completed our drawing. 
15. She said, "They have not eaten their meals."
She said that they have not eaten their meals. 
16. The teacher said, "I have often told you not to play with fire."
The teacher said to me that he had often told me not to play with fire. 
17. My brother said to me, "You have missed the point completely."
My brother said to me that I had missed the point completely. 
18. She said, "She will go there."
She said that she would go there. 
19. She said, "I shall never do such a thing."
She said that she would never do such a thing. 
20. She said, "I like the clouds in the sky."
She said that she liked the clouds in the sky. 
21. Arif and Ayesha said to their mother, "We like mangoes."
Arif and Ayesha said to their mother that they liked mangoes. 
22. She said, "I do not agree with you."
She said to me that she did not agree with me. 
23. He said to the stranger, "I do not recognize you."
He said to the stranger that he did not recognize him. 
24. She said, "The patient died in the hospital."
She said that the patient had died in the hospital. 
25. She said, "He rang me up at twelve midnight."
She said that he had rung her up at twelve midnight. 
26. He said to her, "I live in this building."
He said to her that he lived in that building. 
27. He said, "I completed my drawing half an hour ago."
He said that he had completed his drawing half an hour before. 
28. He said, "She sang a beautiful ghazal at the concert last night."
He said that she had sung a beautiful ghazal at the concert the previous night. 
29. She said, "I did not go to school yesterday."
She said that she had not gone to school the previous day. 
30. He said, "Hurrah! We have won the match."
He exclaimed with joy that they had won the match. 
31. He said, "Hurrah! I have won the medal."
He exclaimed with joy that he had won the medal. 
32. He said, "Alas! I am ruined."
He exclaimed with sorrow that he was ruined. 
33. He said, "Alas! We cannot defeat our enemies."
He exclaimed with sorrow that they could not defeat their enemies. 
34. He said, "What a beautiful piece of art!"
He exclaimed with wonder that it was a very beautiful piece of art. 
35. He said, "How well she sings!
He exclaimed with wonder that she sang very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment