Friday 17 November 2017

DAY FIFTEEN - DIRECT AND INDIRECT NARRATION (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 10)

DIRECT AND INDIRECT NARRATION

SET NO. 2
36. She said, "Is this your book?"
She asked me whether that was my book. 
37. She said, "Are you going to Lahore today?"
She asked me whether I was going to Lahore that day. 
38. They said, "Have you ever visited Murree Hills?"
They asked me whether I have ever visited Murree Hills. 
39. The judge said, "Have you anything more to say?"
The judge asked him whether he had anything more to say. 
40. He said, "Will you listen to me?"
He asked me whether I would listen to him.
41. The mother said, "Shall we invite Qureshis also?"
The mother asked whether they should invite Qureshis also.
42. He said, "Do you agree with me?"
He asked whether I agreed with him.
43. The teacher said, "Did you do your home task yesterday?"
The teacher asked me whether I had done my home task the previous day.
44. He said to me, "What are you looking for?"
He asked me what I was looking for.
45. He said, "What do you want me to do?"
He asked me what I wanted him to do.
46. She said, "Where do you live?"
She asked me where I lived.
47. Raza said, "Where are you going?"
Raza asked me where I was going.
48. The mother said, "How did you fail in your examination?"
The mother asked me how I had failed in my examination.
49. The teacher said, "Who is the author of this book?"
The teacher asked who the author of that book was.
50. The teacher said, "Who is next on list?"
The teacher asked who next on list was.
51. The teacher said, "Whose is this book?"
The teacher asked whose that book was.
52. The stranger said, "Which is the way to Shalimar Gardens?"
The stranger asked which the which the way the Shalimar Gardens was.
53. The referee said, "Quiet, please."
The referee requested the spectators to be quiet.
54. He said to his sister, "Please say something."
He requested his sister to say something.
55. She said to me, "Please lend me your camera for a day."
She requested me to lend her my camera for a day.
56. He said to her, "Please fetch me a glass of water."
He requested her to fetch him a glass of water.
57. The mother said to her daughter, "Please tidy up your room."
The mother advised her daughter to tidy up her room.
58. The master said to the servant, "Go and fetch me a glass of milk."
The master ordered the servant to go and fetch him a glass of milk.
59. The judge said, "Call the next witness."
The judge ordered to call the next witness.
60. She said to me, "Tell the truth."
She advised me to tell the truth.
61. The father said to his son, "Get up early in the morning and go for a walk."
The father advised his son to get up early in the morning and go for a walk.
62. The teacher said, "Do not make a noise."
The teacher forbade to make a noise.
63. She said to me, "Do not waste your time in idle talk."
She forbade me to waste my time in idle talk.
64. The father said to his son, "Do not leave this room without my permission."
The father forbade his son to leave that room without his permission.
65. Roshana said, "Let us finish our work first."
Roshana proposed that they should finish their work first.
66. Afshan said, "Let us go for a picnic on Friday."
Afshan proposed that they should go for a picnic on Friday.
67. He said, "May Allah help me to do my duty!"
He prayed that Allah might help him to do his duty.
68. She said to her father, "May you live long!"
She prayed for her father that he might live long.
69. She said, "May you prosper!"
She prayed that I might prosper.
70. She said, "Would that my father were alive!"
She wished that her father had been alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment