Sunday 3 December 2017

MY HOBBY - ESSAYS FOR CLASS 10 WITH QUOTATIONS

My Hobby

A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away. 
(Phyllis McGinley)

     Life without a hobby is like food without salt. A hobby is an activity, interest, enthusiasm, or pastime that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, done during one's leisure time. Different people have different hobbies. Some people like cooking, reading or singing while the others like dancing, playing or painting etc. However, my hobby is gardening because I love Nature.
     At the back of my house, there is a small plot of land. I have planted a flower garden there. The plants include Euphorbia, Star of Bethlehem, Buttercup, Lady's Mantle, Primrose, Prince's Feather, Jasmine, Bachelor's Button, Lily, Marigold, Magnolia, Rose and Sunflower etc. Some of the plants are seasonal while the others are perennial.
     I work hard in my garden. I water the plants daily. I till the soil regularly. I trim the plants timely. I sow the seeds seasonally. I manure the soil routinely. I clear the weeds promptly. I mow the grass every Sunday. I protect the plants from adverse weather, hostile pests and harmful diseases. Thus I play the role of a mother for my garden.
     The beauty of my garden is a great attraction for everything. Birds, bees and butterflies keep on visiting my garden. The cool and fresh air keeps on blowing here. My friends and relatives often visit my garden to enjoy the company of Nature. Even in the evening, fireflies visit and emit their lights to show their happiness in my garden.
     Gardening imparts a good effect on each part of my body. When a bud grows into a flower, it fills my heart with pleasure. The greenery of plants and the colours of flowers are a feast for my eyes. The hues and fragrance of flowers are a tonic for my mind. The cool and fresh air is a blessing for my lungs. Watering, tilling, trimming, sowing and mowing are an exercise for my limbs.
     My hobby takes me away from the world of cares, worries, tensions, anxieties, frustrations, pollution and noise. I never feel lonely, sad or bored in the company of plants. My hobby inspires my imagination and gives me noble thoughts. It reveals to me the glory of Allah Almighty. In short, my hobby keeps me physically fit, mentally fresh and psychologically balanced.

The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. 
(Gertrude Jekyll)

7 comments:

  1. gud but not well quotations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u soooo much😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best one i have ever found ever in my entire life. May Allah bless you with His blessing hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete